How Does Strongpoint Work?
Strongpoint is a Managed Package that automates some of the most manual and difficult aspects of effectively managing an Org.
Stress-Free Salesforce Is Here
Great documentation is the foundation of everything Strongpoint does. Normally, information about the customizations in an Org is documented manually, if at all — and that documentation is usually incomplete or out of date.
Strongpoint solves this problem by automating the process. We call it Documentation as Data — and it’s essential for cleaning up your Org, speeding up your change management processes and maintaining a more effective overall governance framework.
Strongpoint can not only write documentation, it can read it! We build automatic tools on top of the documentation layer that speed up critical steps in clean-up, change management and governance processes so that your team can get more done more efficiently.
Strongpoint in Action
Using the Salesforce Metadata API, Strongpoint automatically scans your Org, and indexes all of the customizations and dependencies in it. It then supplements this metadata with other important information from other APIs. This empowers your team to do so much more - from cleaning-up technical debt, understanding the impact of changes, all the way through the an automated compliant release management process. It does this across all types of APEX Metadata, including:
|Standard or Custom Objects & Fields||Roles, Profiles and Permission Sets||Layouts and Record Types|
|Approvals, Rules, Tasks and Alerts||Apex Code and Visual Force Pages||Process Builder and Workflows|
|Lightning Components & Pages||Global Actions||List Views, Reports, Report types & Dashboards|
As you make changes, Strongpoint updates the documentation and checks every change to your Org to make sure that it was authorized and approved. Unapproved risky changes are flagged for review by management and auditors.
Knowledge is Power
Having an accurate record of your customizations is an incredible timesaver on its own. But Strongpoint doesn’t just document your customizations. It also shows you:
- When and where they were last used
- How they're connected
- Even who is using them through our integration with Salesforce Shield
From there, our easy-to-use diagrams, reports and automated search tools let you streamline cleanup projects, change management, compliance, reporting and more. We cover the main applications for Strongpoint in our Use Cases pages, though some of the things admins use our products for include:
- Automatically identifying and archiving unused reports
- Integrating with JIRA/ServiceNow to get impact analysis at the ticket level
- Running environment comparisons to validate new deployments before rolling out a change
- Using our Deployment and Rollback Tools to Automate Deployment and create Separation of Duties between those that build and those that deploy.
- Automatically reconciling changes to change approvals in Strongpoint, JIRA or ServiceNow for SOX and similar compliance regimes
The path to great Salesforce documentation starts with just three easy steps:
- Install Strongpoint in your Org. Strongpoint is native to Salesforce so there's a very short learning curve and there's no risk to your data.
- Run the Spider. Initial Spidering is kicked off in only minutes and will compile your data over the next few days. The process occurs in the background so you can keep working normally.
- Learn More. Poke around in the system and explore what we have compiled. Then, let's dig in to how some of our more advanced tools can help you manage change in your Org more effectively.
With Strongpoint fully rolled out, you’re ready to get started. Use our tools to investigate individual customizations or run more complex projects. Each time someone makes a change, it will be logged in our system, creating a detailed record of who did what, and other useful information.
See It In Action For Free
The best way to get started with Strongpoint is by downloading Flashlight — our free, on-demand documentation tool. From there, reach out to one of our representatives to learn more about how we can help.