How Does Strongpoint Work?
Strongpoint is a managed bundle built entirely on the NetSuite platform that automates some of the most manual and difficult aspects of effectively managing a NetSuite instance.
Stress-Free NetSuite Is Here
NetSuite was built for speed. But too often, moving as quickly as you’d like to puts safety and compliance at risk. For many admins, this is an ongoing, unsolvable dilemma — and a constant source of stress.
Strongpoint starts by giving you automatic documentation of all customizations in your account, so you can see the downstream impact of a change. Then, a suite of progressively more sophisticated tools lets you understand your account and automate your change and compliance processes.
Strongpoint in Action
Strongpoint’s intelligent Spider automatically scans your NetSuite account and reads all your customizations, dependencies and critical settings and preferences. It understands and catalogs your:
|Accounting Settings and Lists||Custom Records and Custom Record Fields||Other Custom Fields (Body, Item, Entity, Column, etc.)|
|Mass Updates||Saved Searches||Unlocked and Unencrypted Script Records|
|Locked Script Records (without dependencies)||Critical Settings and Preferences||Forms|
Script Deployments, Libraries
|SCA folder files and all custom SS, SSP and JS files||User Roles, Permissions, and Assignments|
In a heavily customized instance, getting accurate documentation of the above takes considerable effort. If you do it manually, the process is prone to human error, too. Simply by installing Strongpoint and running the Spider, you’ll save time and money. But that’s not all it can do.
As you make changes, Strongpoint updates the documentation and checks every change to your Org to make sure that it was authorized and approved. Unapproved risky changes are flagged for review by management and auditors.
Automation Frees Your Team
Having an accurate record of your customizations is an incredible timesaver on its own. But Strongpoint doesn’t just document your customizations. It also shows you:
- Who is using them
- When and where they were last used
- How they’re connected
From there, our easy-to-use diagrams, reports and search tools let you streamline cleanup projects, change management, compliance, reporting and more. We cover the main applications for Strongpoint in our Use Cases pages, though some of the things admins use our products for include:
- Automatically cleaning up unused saved searches
- Integrating with Jira/ServiceNow to get impact analysis at the ticket level
- Automatically detecting risky, unapproved changes and alerting management
- Running environment comparisons to validate new deployments before rolling out a change
- Automatically reconciling changes to approvals in Jira, ServiceNow, or Strongpoint
And more. The best part is, our products evolve alongside you — as you grow and you come to rely on NetSuite for more business needs, our tools grow with you, making sure you can continue to use the platform safely and effectively
You will always be ready for audit with Strongpoint’s change management and segregation of duties modules. When changes are made to configurations, permissions, role assignments or any other critical area, Strongpoint is watching, checking your approvals and logging violations for review and clearance.
This continuous audit of your changes dramatically simplifies your audit saving time and audit costs.
Getting start with Strongpoint for NetSuite is simple:
- Install Strongpoint. Strongpoint is a fully native SuiteApp for increased security and seamless integration with your account
- Run the Spider. The initial Spider runs in the background and may take a few days, depending on the size of your account
- Learn More. Our team can help show you how our documentation works and walk you through how our change management and compliance tools can help you more forward quickly and confidently
See It In Action For Free
The best way to get started with Strongpoint is by downloading Flashlight — our free, on-demand documentation tool. From there, reach out to one of our representatives to learn more about our other features.