Crash Course: NetSuite Testing
Best practices and time-saving tips
August 11, 2 PM EDT
Testing critical processes is vital to ensuring that they are operating smoothly and consistently. The challenge for NetSuite teams is to manage the demands of testing with the demands of business — and that requires both advanced preparation and, where possible, automation.
On August 11th, we’re hosting a crash course on NetSuite testing led by Strongpoint CTO Nicolas Cano. Ideal for developers, admins, analysts and executives, this hour-long presentation will provide a comprehensive overview of the approaches and tools we use in our own company to manage testing. We will cover:
- Different types of testing used by NetSuite teams
- What NetSuite testing tools are available?
- How and when to test in different environments
- Using Strongpoint to automate aspects of NetSuite testing
- Limits to automation
- Testing scheduled and map/reduce scripts
- Best practices for building a test script library
Find the full agenda below. Register using the form on this page to join us live or receive the recording afterwards.
Sign Me Up!
NetSuite Testing: How Strongpoint Helps
If you’re a Strongpoint customer or are considering becoming one soon, there are several ways our products can help reduce the time and cost associated with testing.
Critically, Strongpoint shows you which customizations will be affected if you make a change — greatly reducing the number of test cases that need to be run but also ensuring that you understand what may need to be tested. We also offer a suite of environment comparison and change management tools that validate deployments and automatically check that your team followed best practices in making each change.
Explore some of our NetSuite use cases to learn more, or watch the webinar and see for yourself how our products fit into broader testing best practices.
Types of testing used by NetSuite teams
- Unit testing
- Acceptance testing
- Regression testing
Available NetSuite testing tools
- Open source vs. proprietary tools
- Selenium vs Katalon
- Creating custom testing scripts
How and when to test in different environments
- Unit testing in the development environment
- Acceptance and regression testing in Sandbox environments
- Why you should never test in production
Using Strongpoint to automate aspects of NetSuite testing
- Building a testing plan using documentation mapping/impact analysis
- Ensuring test validation using environment comparison
- Integrating with Selenium and Katalon
Limits to automation
- Difficulties of continuous automation
- Browser dependency
Testing scheduled and map/reduce scripts
- Unit testing at the script level
- Regression testing at the process level
Best practices for building a script library
- Focusing on process
- Using Strongpoint to identify scripted/workflow-related fields
THE NETSUITE DEEP CLEAN GUIDE — HOW STREAMLINING YOUR SYSTEM IMPROVES SAFETY, SPEED AND RESPONSIVENESS
Break the cycle of NetSuite clutter with Strongpoint. In this webinar, we take a close look at some of the tools and strategies that help our users clear up unused customizations, saved searches and other objects to run a more streamlined system.
MANAGING TECHNICAL DEBT IN SALESFORCE
On Jan. 16, we’re hosting a webinar showcasing how our tools help Salesforce teams manage their organization's technical debt.
PREVENTING SOD VIOLATIONS IN NETSUITE: A GUIDE TO ACCESS CONTROL AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
Without the right tools, managing access to critical roles and permissions in NetSuite can be time-consuming and tedious. We created Strongpoint to help NetSuite admins and users secure their processes and simplify regulatory compliance — without impacting their productivity.