Careers at Strongpoint
Business Development Representative
Are you a results-driven leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for SaaS sales? We are currently looking for someone with big aspirations who wants to start their career with a strong foundation to join our team as a Business Development Representative in early 2021!
Business Development Representatives lead our strategy.
At Strongpoint, our Sales organization is key to managing business and our relationships with businesses like ZoomInfo, Fastly, Smartsheet, and Spotify. When you join the Sales team at Strongpoint, you’re joining a team of A-players who do more than “sell”. From Day 1, you will become a strategy savant, drawing on creative and data-driven insights to develop successful business plans that qualify leads and create opportunities for the sales team.
If you’re looking to join a fun-loving, passionate sales team at a fast-growing company where you’ll have ample room for growth in a flexible work environment – look no further! We are looking for you, our new Business Development Representative.
What you'll be doing:
As Strongpoint’s new BDR, you’ll target warm and cold leads, moving them through the sales funnel with a goal of setting up meetings for our account executives to close deals.
Our supportive and passionate team of leaders will set you up for success with clearly defined processes and extensive hands-on training — and will equip you with a state-of-the-art tech stack and the best sales and automation tools. And as you learn our business, you’ll have boundless opportunities to grow within our company and build your sales career with us.
- Research and identify potential accounts to contact
- Connect with potential customers to understand their needs and educate them about how our system can help them get more out of their investments in Salesforce and NetSuite
- Follow up with assigned accounts and leads from webinars, trade shows, etc. — never leaving a lead unexplored
- Maintain accurate customer information
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to understand leads and move them through the sales funnel
- Use modern sales techniques to qualify potential customers
- Successfully hand-off prospects to Account Executives
- Develop and build targeted lists of potential prospects
Who you are:
Like the very best in sales, you have a natural ability to build rapport and relationships, and are known for turning strangers into friends. You’re not fazed by rejection, because you have a persistent spirit and don’t take things personally. Your focus is always on meeting your targets and you love the thrill that comes with booking meetings and seeing deals close. You’ll thrive in an environment that rewards your performance.
You have an interest in technology and a passion for using tech to solve problems. You’re curious by nature, which means you’ll enjoy learning about business, technology, and compliance. You’ll love connecting with people over technology and sharing with potential clients about how our software can solve their problems.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Some experience in a sales, customer service, or contact center role
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets in any sales environment
- Experience doing outbound customer calls on the phone
- Experience using Salesforce or NetSuite
- Experience with sales tools like HubSpot, DiscoverOrg, Outreach, SalesLoft, or similar
- Undergraduate degree from a college or university in a relevant discipline, e.g. Marketing, Business
Don’t have any of these, but think you’re a great fit? Please tell us why in a cover letter or email!
We’re Strongpoint, an industry leader in compliance, documentation, and change management for Salesforce and NetSuite. We’ve experienced huge growth over the last few years because we offer software that works — earlier this year we were officially acquired by Netwrix, a leader in cyber security and compliance management — and we don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
In a high growth environment like ours, things can be chaotic — but that doesn’t scare you. You don’t need rigid structure to succeed. Instead, you’ll bring initiative, perseverance, and a revered ability to multitask. Here at Strongpoint, we have a dedicated, mature leadership team who value our people and care about developing our talent – there’s no shortage of opportunities here for your learning, career growth, and development.
We have a start-up mentality in the best sense of the word — flexibility to work on your own terms and freedom to grow with support from our leadership — but none of the downsides.
As part of our team, you can expect:
- A full time, permanent role with remote work opportunities for the foreseeable future
- Stable schedule working Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm (ish)
- Uncapped variable pay, so you’ll have plenty of room to exceed these targets
- A comprehensive benefits package after three months
This position offers a competitive base salary of $50,000 with yearly on target earnings of $65,000. Our team is growing quickly, and we’d love it if you joined us!
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch if we think you’re a good fit.
At Strongpoint, we are committed to fostering a safe space where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Being committed to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly create the best company culture possible. We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds, experience, and perspectives regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, disability, and national origin to apply.
If you require additional support or accommodation with the application process, please contact us - by website chat, email, or phone.
We will review applications and reach out to those qualified.